Re: autoconf 2.5 update test on Sparc Solaris - FAILED

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 16:43:30 +0200

Hi Robert,

Il 13.01 28/07/2002 Robert Collins ha scritto:
>On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 18:32, Guido Serassio wrote:
> > Hi Robert,
>
>Looks like you have my old address in your address book.

Fixed ...

> I'm not
>reachable via itdomain anymore. I'm reachable via robertc at squid-cache
>dot org or robert dot collins at syncretize dot net.
>
> > I have just tried the autoconf 2.5 update on Sparc Solaris, but it fails
> > compiling cf_gen:
> >

> > During bootstrap, I gott the following warning:
>
> > configure.in:15: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> m4_bpatsubst
> > configure.in:2304: warning: do not use m4_regexp: use regexp or m4_bregexp
>
>No idea why that occurs... perhaps a slightly outdated automake? If so
>don't worry about it. (It's only a warning).

I don't know, it's automake 1.5 package on sunfreeware.com.

> > Looking on autoconf.h, I have found this wrong define:
> >
> > #define USE_ICMP
>
>Corrected, and all related potentialy issue (I think). Care to try
>again?

Yes, I have just do it.

Now on Sparc Solaris bootstrap and configure works OK.
Install too, but when starting, squid dies with a "No port defined" error.

So i have discovered that I forgot to add "http_port 3128" to squid.conf,
but, the strange thing is that THIS squid.conf works with s2_5 ....

If You think that it can be useful, I will try the branch on Cygwin or/and
Alpha Linux.

Regards

Guido

>Cheers,
>Rob

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it