Re: pipeline replies ..

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 02:21:41 -0600

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 16:25, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> >

> > hey,
> >
> > I've been playing with the pipeline support in -HEAD and I have
> > it doing what I'd like.
>
> Excellent.
>
> > _BUT_, I'd like the list to validate this first!
> >
> > Are there meant to be any blank lines between pipeline replies?
> > ie...
>
> No.
>
> RFC 2616, section 4.1 (the last two paragraphs).

Ok. good. The first reply has a Content-Length: header, which is enough
for me.

.. here's the patch, along with some extra crap. I'll trim the extra
crap out before committing. What do people think?

Basically, here's what happened. At the point where the copy failed,
this is what happened:

* first query (http+sc) is sent off
* second query (http+sc) is sent off
* first query returns, data is read and buffered
* second query returns, data is read and buffered
* first storeclient + http request finished
* second http request (and second sc) become the current one
* transfer continues from the already-read data
* ...

.. and I was ignoring the fact that data was already read. oops.