Re: How to do DTD in squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:37:55 +0200

Yee Man Chan wrote:

> It is not the same. IMS is still only one round trip.
> In my case, there are two round trips. The reason why
> there are two round trips is because before we send
> out the HEAD, we don't know the Content-MD5 of a URL.
> So it is not a revalidation.

The principle is still the same. The actions are slightly different.

You need to initiate another request than the original request, and based on
the results of this request you need to take different actions.

In the IMS case the actions are to either return the old object from the
cache, or the new object received from the server.

In your case it is to make a new lookup in the cache based on the Content-MD5
and based on this select if the request should be processed as a hit or a
miss.