Re: 2.6 targets?

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 14:58:36 +0200

Hi,

Il 14.46 25/08/2002 Robert Collins ha scritto:
>Sorry for the long delay getting this email out, I was quite sick with
>the 'flu.
>
>I propose that we make 2.6 a very small change over 2.5, given that it
>already has the reworked comms code from Adrian.
>
>I'd like to see the following in 2.6:
>* Some authentication tidyups I intend to do Real Soon Now. (to support
>delay pools w/ all auth types).
>* rproxy (if appropriate - Henrik?)
>* the client side streams I've done for ESI.
>* Optionally, ESI itself.
>* Optionally, any other sponsored work that needs to get into mainline
>sooner rather than later.
>* If range caching is a showstopper, reinstated range caching.
>
>Are there any other near-to-completion projects on devel.squid-cache.org
>that folk would like to see in 2.6?

What about Windows port ?
The main part of the code is now common to Cygwin-svc and native port, and
the only unsupported features are at this moment WCCP and DISKD. I have
some report about successful use of transparent proxy with 3d party capture
drivers.

Regards

Guido

>Rob

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it