Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: [Mod_gzip] Vary: header and mod_gzip

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 27 Aug 2002 10:31:51 +1000

On Tue, 2002-08-27 at 06:21, Slava Bizyayev wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> It's so good for me to meet you together in one so important for me
> discussion!
>
> As far as I remember our previous conversation with Henrik, Squid supports
> Vary correctly since stable version 2.0.

It operates in an RFC compliant fashion since 2.0, but only caches from
2.5.

> An interesting question I have to both of you is Who should care about
> known bugs in popular browsers? Should Squid take a part in this work?

The browser authors should care :}. Seriously, taking any action that is
non-RFC compliant based on User-Agent: should be done very very
carefully. The User-Agent string is not a reliable detection method for
browsers - because this can be altered (for privacy reasons and the
like).

Rob