Re: CVS repository

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 17:34:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002, PsychoTekk .de wrote:

> i'd like to get the nt2_5 branch so that i can compile
> and test new code myself.
> i can access cvs.squid-cache.org via pserver, but
> when i try to connect to cvs.devel.squid-cache.org
> via ssh i get
> "cvs [checkout aborted]: Connection to server failed".
> probably just a wrong setting, i'll read a bit more about
> cvs and wincvs the next days

Ok. What settings are you using, and do you have a registered Squid
developer account? (I cannot find any..)

For read-only access you should be able to access
cvs.devel.squid-cache.org using pserver without a registered developer
account. Only if you want to commit changes you will need SSH. See
http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=1781 for full instructions.
cvs.devel.squid-cache.org is a synonym for cvs.squid.sourceforge.net, and
Due to some minor remote administrative reasons it is recommended you use
the first (but not required).