C++

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 04 Sep 2002 00:08:38 +1000

Irrespective of our squid-3 (http://www.squid-cache.org/Devel)
discussions on language.. I'd really like to start using C++ for some of
the new development. Binding C to C++ isn't that hard, and does allow
for incremental improvement of the code base. I'm not talking about STL
here, just C++ syntax and class support.

I think that the presence of C code will make fully-OOP design harder
than if it wasn't there, but still easier than trying to do clean OOP in
C.

I thought I'd raised this in the past, but I can't find any references.
Oh well.

Also, I'm not proposing this as a way around the potential rewrite as
discussed in the 'squid-3.0 interactive discussion'. It's simply a way
for me to be more productive.

Rob