Re: C++

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 02:00:45 +0200

I prefer not. I think Squid-2.X should be kept pure C.

Apart from the preference of pure C I think throwing C++ into the mix
would be too much of a mixed mess in the same program.. You would end
up with parts using C, parts using C with a touch of OO, parts using
C++ with a touch of C, and parts using C++ OO.. 4 differnt coding
approaches (we have 2 today), 3 different memory allocation schemes
(have 2 today).

Please note that there is also subtle differences in the language
syntax, such as slightly different operator priorities.