Re: indroducing me

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 17:33:44 +0200

ДСнис ОвсиСнко wrote:

> I have a suggestion of a feature for Squid and now post an introduction of
> me (according to rules).
>
> I am a system/network administrator, although software
> development is my formal profession. My primary OS is Linux (ALTLinux
> now) at work and at home.

Great.

> I suggest to introduce a feature to solve this problem: allow to map ACLs
> into multiple outgoing addresses.
> e.g. in squid.conf
>
> tcp_outgoing_address x.y.z.1
> tcp_outgoing_address x.y.z.2 moreprio
> tcp_outgoing_address x.y.z.3 lessprio
> tcp_outgoing_address x.y.z.4 superprio

Which is such a great feature that it has already been contributed by another
user and is included in Squid-2.5.

Also supports setting the ToS/DS of traffic initiated by Squid, but as you
probably know this will only have effect on the packets sent by Squid, not
return traffic..

What has not been done in this area is to set ToS/DS on return traffic sent by
Squid to the clients, a way to read the ToS/DS of received requests (seems
not to be supported by the TCP/IP kernels), or to support selection of ToS/DS
and/or outgoing IP address based on authenticated username.