Re: store MD5 keys

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 09 Sep 2002 23:41:34 +1000

On Mon, 2002-09-09 at 22:53, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 09, 2002, Robert Collins wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure it will work in the current store model. At least, not
> > without potentially unacceptable memory overhead, xor a callback based
> > storeGetEntry.
>
> eww. xor with human speech.

'or' gets misinterpreted too often for my liking. I'll try esperanto
next, no?

> Its not that hard. It just causes great strangeness with the ICP code.
> It would also be a very good exercise in tidying up the relationships
> between client, server, cache logic and store code.
>
> .. after this round of -HEAD merges?

Hmm. I think it'd be better to get the 2.6 slated code done asap -
reinstating range being the big thing - and branch 2.6. Otherwise, we
will endup on the slippery slope of where to stop improving again :}.

Once we've gotten the 2.6 slated stuff out of the way, and 2.6 branched,
then I'm very much for refactoring like mad.

Rob