Question about development

From: Boster, Dave <dboster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 15:00:48 -0500

I am in search of a solution for placing a caching server between clients
and an Internet Filter (Symantec Web Security). The problem that I
currently have is that the Internet Filter sees all requests as coming from
the caching server, rather than from the actual client. A thought I had was
to possibly add information to the packet forwarded from the proxy server.
The information would be the IP address of the client.

While I didn't see this capability in the current release of squid, I was
wondering if you had any pointers on helping me start a project to do
something like this with the squid server. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

David Boster
Network & Systems Engineer