Re: releasing 2.5

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:50:51 +0200 (CEST)

On 24 Sep 2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> Ahm, I'll do that tonight. To put 2c in though, it seems to me all we
> need is:
>
> The squid development team are pleased to announce the release of squid
> 2.5 stable. Faster and more flexible than ever before, a copy can be
> grabbed from your local mirror.
>
> For details on the new features, please see the release notes (included
> below).
>
> - The squid core team.

Sounds quite fine..

> (Should we tell the distro's first ?)

We should probably make sure the binary distributions we refer to is
ready..

To have the main distros update takes a whole lot of time and is not
something we should wait for. Basically won't happen until we have made an
official release, and then only in their "devel/unstable" tree..