Re: releasing 2.5

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 24 Sep 2002 08:54:02 +1000

On Fri, 2002-09-20 at 21:04, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 September 2002 04.03, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>
> > .. wait a few days.
>
> done.
>
> > .. tag the repo
> > .. generate the release tarball, update the webpages.
> > .. wait a day or two for all of the mirrors to catch up
> > .. announce, and go on holiday. :)
>
> are we ready?
>
> I haven't been able to track things very closely the last days (kind
> of disconnected.. far away from where I usually am in all aspects,
> except that I am still on Earth) but from what I have seen there has
> not been any major issues reported.
>
> Anyone who feels like writing a suitable announce text to stick
> infront of the release notes?

Ahm, I'll do that tonight. To put 2c in though, it seems to me all we
need is:

The squid development team are pleased to announce the release of squid
2.5 stable. Faster and more flexible than ever before, a copy can be
grabbed from your local mirror.

(Should we tell the distro's first ?)

For details on the new features, please see the release notes (included
below).

- The squid core team.

=== Release Notes start here ===