Re: The FD closing bug in helper.c

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 09:31:14 +1000

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 20:32, Alexey Leko wrote:

> The changes are not significant and at least some of them
> really should be made in main sources. The other patches
> aimed to avoid some EMX problems (EMX is the OS/2 POSIX
> emulation library like CYGWIN), and I'm not sure, that
> its should be merged.

Unless there is some reason not to, we would like to see the EMX patches
as well.

> > Note: It would probably be helpful if you hosted the changes on
> > devel.squid-cache.org until it can be merged into the main tree.. this way
> > all the developers get more easily access to your changes..
> >
> I hope, that my port is stable - the first ported version was 2.1.

This isn't a stability question - it's a ease-of-import question. If you
have a branch on devel.squid-cache.org, then upstream changes are merged
more easily. Also, we can start to merge in the changes you've made to
HEAD.

Alternatively, you could send in patches for us, and we can review and
commit them individually.

Either way, we'd love to get those changes merged into HEAD.

Cheers,
Rob