Re: The FD closing bug in helper.c

From: Alexey Leko <alex@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:32:12 +0400

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Alexey Leko wrote:
>

>>In my OS/2 port the helpers use pipes, because under OS/2
>>sockets are not inheriting by childs. This is why I've found
>>the problem.
>

> Ok.
>
> How much changes to the source do you need in the OS/2 port? We are
> successively trying to make the code more portable accross platforms, and
> maybe you have changes that can be better done in the main sources.

The changes are not significant and at least some of them
really should be made in main sources. The other patches
aimed to avoid some EMX problems (EMX is the OS/2 POSIX
emulation library like CYGWIN), and I'm not sure, that
its should be merged.

> Note: It would probably be helpful if you hosted the changes on
> devel.squid-cache.org until it can be merged into the main tree.. this way
> all the developers get more easily access to your changes..

I hope, that my port is stable - the first ported version was 2.1.

Alexey.