Re: amiga-squid

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 00:03:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Diego CR wrote:

> I do not use the fork() functions, instead I use vfork() due AmigaOS
> problems...

Then you will need to rewrite parts of the IPC startup code.. it is not
designed to be used in a vfork() environment.

vfork() puts many restrictions on the application. Basically anything
beyond a exec() call in the forked child process is a no-no. If you need
to prepare anything to be able to exec() then this must all be done before
the vfork(). If you need to have filedescriptors closed, then these needs
to be closed via the CLOSE_ON_EXEC flag or by the startup code of the
exec():ed process image, not in the forked process image.