Re: amiga-squid

From: Diego Casorran <dcr8520@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 19:38:06 +0200

 Hello Henrik

On sábado (05-oct-02), you wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Diego CR wrote:
>
>> I do not use the fork() functions, instead I use vfork() due AmigaOS
>> problems...
>
> Then you will need to rewrite parts of the IPC startup code.. it is not
> designed to be used in a vfork() environment.
>
> vfork() puts many restrictions on the application. Basically anything
> beyond a exec() call in the forked child process is a no-no. If you need
> to prepare anything to be able to exec() then this must all be done before
> the vfork(). If you need to have filedescriptors closed, then these needs
> to be closed via the CLOSE_ON_EXEC flag or by the startup code of the
> exec():ed process image, not in the forked process image.

umh, I have no idea about this, a real conversion of the fork() function seems
a hard work for me :( maybe in the future I can do it when I have more
experience with C programming... anyway thanks a lot for all the
answers, I remember it ;o)

Best Regards

--
    Diego CR    -    http://Amiga.SourceForge.net