Re: About coding style

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Oct 2002 22:26:59 +1000

On Sun, 2002-10-20 at 20:55, Evgeny Kotsuba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want suggest one more bit to coding style (both C and C++):
>
> "Do not use TCP/IP fuctions names as variable names or
> class/structures member names"

Theres no need for this: there are other ways to override functions...

> I try now to use some debugging via using
> #define accept DebugAccept
> etc.
> Everything is work, exept for
> #define connect DebugConnect
> for example I have
> parse_time_t(&Config.Timeout.connect);
> error EDC3079: "DebugConnect" is not a member of
> "SquidConfig::struct {...}".

One easy way is to implement your overriden in a lib file linked in
after all the source files, before the libraries. This is the usual way
to override system libraries.

Also, in squid the system tcp calls should - never - be used outside of
comm*.cc, as they need to be overridable on a per OS basis.

Rob