Re: more testing..

From: Evgeny Kotsuba <evgen__k@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:53:29 +0400

Hi,
On 26 Oct 2002 23:00:40 +1000
  Robert Collins <robertc@squid-cache.org> wrote:
>On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 22:48, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>> Good idea to have some kind of HTTP server in the test suite, but I
>> think a even "simpler" framework using perl or another simple
>> scripting language is more useful. In perl we have the LWP and
Not very good idea, also it wiil be ones more stopgap to 1000+1
unix/gnu utils used...

>IMO the test server needs the following:
>* simple config, so each test can setup the server differently with
>only
>a few lines of config details. (ie port 3131, current dir for source,
>host: details etc.)
>* start and stop trivially.
>* supports: custom headers, range requests, (+ it would be nice to be
>extensible to add in our own munging code).
>* runs on *BSD, GNU/Linux, BSD/Linux (:}), NT (maybe native, maybe
>with
>cygwin, either or both is fine).

what about partial compatibility with existing code ?
and possibility to include to squid simplest http server ? Say for
redirection to dot.gif ?
And possibility to test squid without real tcp/ip calls, say through
using [Debug]select etc. calls

SY,
Evgeny Kotsuba