Re: more testing..

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 26 Oct 2002 23:00:40 +1000

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 22:48, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> Good idea to have some kind of HTTP server in the test suite, but I
> think a even "simpler" framework using perl or another simple
> scripting language is more useful. In perl we have the LWP and
> HTTP::Daemon standard modules that seem quite useful (not sure if
> there is any range processing however..)
>
> To be truly useful for testing Squid end-to-end the HTTP server needs
> to be able to generate custom HTTP headers and even malformed
> replies.

Yep. Would you like to setup this aspect?

IMO the test server needs the following:
* simple config, so each test can setup the server differently with only
a few lines of config details. (ie port 3131, current dir for source,
host: details etc.)
* start and stop trivially.
* supports: custom headers, range requests, (+ it would be nice to be
extensible to add in our own munging code).
* runs on *BSD, GNU/Linux, BSD/Linux (:}), NT (maybe native, maybe with
cygwin, either or both is fine).

The first two are the only absolute requirements to get started. We can
always convert to something more ideal later.

Rob