Re: solaris 8 + winbind/ntlm

From: Andres Kroonmaa <andre@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 16:52:56 +0200

 In my experience usually endian problems arise more likely
 with PC solaris, because for sparc its usually native, but
 x86 needs network/host conversions. It can get screwed for
 both of course..

On 5 Nov 2002, at 15:05, Guido Serassio <serassio@libero.it> wrote:

Hi Robert,

Il 14.39 05/11/2002 Robert Collins ha scritto:
>Does anyone know if this *should* work? I've just tried it with a NT 4
>site, and it fails to auth, I'm *smelling* an endian problem, but am not
>100% sure...
>
>Rob

This summer, thanks to Henrik's works, an endian problem was fixed. The
test environment was a Sparc Solaris 2.6 + Samba 2.2.5 + a Windows 2000 Domain.
After this fix, there was on squid-users the report from an AIX users that
endian problems was solved on PowerPC platform too.

So, I think that Your environment should work. Do You have tried the
winbind basic authenticator from command line ?

And, what Samba version ? Yesterday I'have received a reports about
problems on Winbind group External ACL helper running on samba 2.2.6, but
other winbind helpers seems to work. All is fine with 2.2.5.

Regards

Guido

 Andres Kroonmaa <andre@online.ee>
 CTO, Microlink Data AS