Re: Introduction

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 14:12:49 -0600

Cool. Performance seems to be on a lot of folks minds again...That's
good to see.

On that note, I'll finally be posting some benchmarks of 2.5 in the next
few days as promised a couple of months ago (I blame lack of available
hardware--my old test box went into permanent retirement after a wiring
closet cleanup).

Speaking of large volume Squids. I recently consulted with someone
pushing over 50Mbps from each of 4 Squid boxes. It was big media files,
so only a few requests per second, though. But it was nice to see Squid
giving the 10/100 pipe a workout, and taking advantage of the throughput
of modern disks.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.