Re: Introduction

From: Brian Akins <bakins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 15:37:51 -0500

Some more info on what we are doing:

All is reverse proxy.

We have a fairly small object set (10k) the most active can fit into
512MB of memory. We have tested squid on a dual 2.4Ghz P4 with 2 GB ram
and dual 18GB 15k drives. We are running two squid instances per box.
I know this isn't optimal, but it's what we have.

What we are seeing is that as we approach 175k requests/min/instance,
response time begins to climb and then the server becomes unresponsive.

I grabbed the latest 3 snapshot and it seems faster, but I couldn't get
the CPU profiling to compile, so I'm not sure were I should begin :(