Re: Build error on HEAD

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 17 Nov 2002 19:47:50 +1100

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 20:32, Guido Serassio wrote:

> Robert, the question for me is not so simple:
>
> Differently as You, Henrik or Adrian, my work is not related to Squid or
> its development: I'm a Windows System Administrator and all my Squid works
> comes totally from my free time and for my personal pleasure.

Actually, 90% of my work is windows sytems based - networking /
implementations / troubleshooting. Lotsof Exchange/MS SQL/ AD etc etc
etc. I'd *love* to work directly with squid more often, but most of the
squid coding I do is in my free time and for personal pleasure. So I
understand where you are coming from.

> In the last year I have made a very big personal effort because I'm totally
> alone on the Windows port, and the Windows port is a very big project
> compared to many others Squid works: the diff size is 646 KB.

Ouch. That is huge.

> Now, starting to work on squid-3, for me means to restart the work from
> April of this year when the nt branch was born plus to learn C++.
> I don't want to spent so much of my free time again.

You wouldn't need to restart. Tell you what, if it can build in mingw,
I'll port the nt branch to squid-3 for you. Hows that?

Rob