Re: Build error on HEAD

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 11:32:11 +0100

Hi Robert,

Il 09.47 17/11/2002 Robert Collins ha scritto:
>On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 20:32, Guido Serassio wrote:
>

> > Robert, the question for me is not so simple:
> >
> > Differently as You, Henrik or Adrian, my work is not related to Squid or
> > its development: I'm a Windows System Administrator and all my Squid works
> > comes totally from my free time and for my personal pleasure.
>
>Actually, 90% of my work is windows sytems based - networking /
>implementations / troubleshooting. Lotsof Exchange/MS SQL/ AD etc etc
>etc. I'd *love* to work directly with squid more often, but most of the
>squid coding I do is in my free time and for personal pleasure. So I
>understand where you are coming from.
>

> > In the last year I have made a very big personal effort because I'm
> totally
> > alone on the Windows port, and the Windows port is a very big project
> > compared to many others Squid works: the diff size is 646 KB.
>
>Ouch. That is huge.
>
> > Now, starting to work on squid-3, for me means to restart the work from
> > April of this year when the nt branch was born plus to learn C++.
> > I don't want to spent so much of my free time again.
>
>You wouldn't need to restart. Tell you what, if it can build in mingw,
>I'll port the nt branch to squid-3 for you. Hows that?

Thanks for the help offer.
OK, with Your help it seem's to me a more practicable work.

On MinGW the nt branch builds fine.

Do You know a good books on C++ like K & R for C ? :-)

Regards

Guido

>Rob

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it