Dynamic delay pools

From: Priyanga Chamara Gunaratne <pgunarat@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:32:59 -0500

Dear Sir,

At the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, we are developing a version of
Delay Pools that dynamically changes the bandwidth available to a user
between a minimum and maximum value, depending upon the load upon the cache
server, to optimize bandwidth utilization. The modified Squid server has
been in operational use now for approximately 6 months with satisfactory
results and a paper regarding this project was presented at the IWCW 2002
by Dr. Gihan Dias, the supervisor of this project.

We would like to host this development project as a branch at
squid.sourceforge.net. The Sourceforge user ID is mora_squid. Thank you.

Chamara Gunaratne