Re: Dynamic delay pools

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 00:08:26 -0600

Robert Collins wrote:

> On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 14:32, Priyanga Chamara Gunaratne wrote:
>
> >Dear Sir,
> >
> >At the University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, we are developing a version of
> >Delay Pools that dynamically changes the bandwidth available to a user
> >between a minimum and maximum value, depending upon the load upon the
> cache
> >server, to optimize bandwidth utilization. The modified Squid server has
> >been in operational use now for approximately 6 months with satisfactory
> >results and a paper regarding this project was presented at the IWCW
> 2002
> >by Dr. Gihan Dias, the supervisor of this project.
>

> Is that paper available online?

I stumbled on it when doing some unrelated research:

http://2002.iwcw.org/papers/18500234.pdf

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it looks interesting.
Actually, it looks like there were several interesting papers presented:

http://2002.iwcw.org/program.html

Looks like I've got my holiday reading for when I'm visiting my folks
for Thanksgiving! (No broadband, so I'll have to get my tech fix
somewhere.)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.