/dev/epoll on squid

From: David Nicklay <dnicklay@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 16:00:44 -0500

This is my first attempt to get /dev/epoll working on squid. I am
having problems getting it to work correctly, and I could use some
help. I get a response on the first time I do a request, but I don't
get anything on the second request.

Here are some things I have found about how epoll works that make things
really difficult:

- epoll apparently cannot tell you about events from before you began
monitoring. I have a work around in place using poll with a zero
timeout on a single fd when you first begin to monitor it. I make sure
to perform the poll after the event has been added to the interest set
in the epoll module.

- epoll is a notification based poll and as such it 'loses' events which
you are not monitoring for. I have another workaround in place, where I
basically look for all events and only handle those that I care about at
any given moment.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
David Nicklay