Re: NTLM changes in IE

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Nov 2002 10:44:41 +1100

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 10:36, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Thursday 28 November 2002 00.29, Robert Collins wrote:
> > MS Technore 312176 notes a new registry key for IE6SP1 users -
> > 'ReleaseSocketDuringAuth'
> >
> > This may be related to recent issues on the -user list. I'll be
> > investigating next week.
>
> There is also a bugzilla entry about POST which seems to indicate
> Squid is not handling the connection properly on the first NTLM
> message (the server proposal to use NTLM). The connection is meant to
> be kept until the whole request data have been read, but seems to be
> closed immediately after sending the 407 response.

Its meant to be closed immediately - IE is not meant to send the request
body once auth is required (according to some MS article I ran into).

I think this is the same issue that the user is experiencing. The
workaround documented may be all that is needed to get them working,
until I have time to add a knob to adjust squid's behaviour.

Rob