Re: Needing state in NTLMSSP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 11:38:46 +0100

tor 2003-01-16 klockan 10.44 skrev Robert Collins:

> V2 is the helper-squid revision 2 protocol I think. We had exactly the
> interface Andrew suggests back in the early days. It's actually a
> straight forward case of removing optimisations to get what he needs.

Then we are talking about two different things here.

My proposal involves both a complete abstraction of NTLM from Squid
moving the full responsibility of NTLM processing down to the helper and
also quite significant changes to get rid of the limitation in number of
helpers, allowing NTLM to run with a single helper if you like (assuming
good connectivity to your backend). The only thing Squid is required is
to keep connectivity state between client connection and helper.