Re: Digest authentication for SQUID NT

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 21:19:05 +0100

Hi Henrik,

At 13.02 21/01/2003, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>There is a simple digest helper for Squid shipped with the Squid
>sources, and working in UNIX and Cygwin environments.
>
>Why it is not included in the SquidNT port I do not know, but I would
>guess from lack of time to port the helper. Guido?

Basically because I think that the current digest helper is not so useful
in the Windows environment, so the priority was gone in other code section.
I like in the future to analyze how to build a native Active Directory
based Digest helper, like the IIS digest support.
If You think that it can be useful, I will make the port of the current
helper.

Regards

Guido

>Regards
>Henrik
>

>tis 2003-01-21 klockan 01.12 skrev Edmund Chang:
> > Hi,
> > I am looking for a helper for digest authentication. Is there a plan
> > to develop the helper ? What is the digest authentication schema according
> > to the release note:
> > "12-05-2002 Released a new SquidNT 2.5 PRE7 Build - Enhanced awin32 async
> > I/O, added null store module and digest authentication schema (no helpers
> > available). "
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Edmund Chang
>--
>Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
>MARA Systems AB, Sweden

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it