error:no primary copy running in squid

From: <ritesh1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 10:37:50 -0700

hy developers

i am develpoing a utility which can restrict the perticular user access
of internet through SQUID proxy server2.5. I am going to restrict user
based in their cumulative allocated time (means sum of their elapsed time)

for that i want client IP address from which a request of web pages is
submitted to proxy server so i have made changes to the source file of
proxy server named as authenticate.c from which i can
get ip of client before request is handel by proxy

now after making changes and compiled it using following
three steps

./configure
make all
make install

and doing necessary changes in squid.conf and running command
squid start . i got error no primary copy running

so please give me solution of it or provide me better way
for doing this things betterly

your help should be grately appricated.waiting for reply.

hardik