Re: error:no primary copy running in squid

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Feb 2003 08:24:57 +1100

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 04:37, ritesh1@softhome.net wrote:
> hy developers
>
> i am develpoing a utility which can restrict the perticular user access
> of internet through SQUID proxy server2.5. I am going to restrict user
> based in their cumulative allocated time (means sum of their elapsed time)
>
> for that i want client IP address from which a request of web pages is
> submitted to proxy server so i have made changes to the source file of
> proxy server named as authenticate.c from which i can
> get ip of client before request is handel by proxy
>
> now after making changes and compiled it using following
> three steps
>
> ./configure
> make all
> make install
>
> and doing necessary changes in squid.conf and running command
> squid start . i got error no primary copy running
>
> so please give me solution of it or provide me better way
> for doing this things betterly
>
> your help should be grately appricated.waiting for reply.
>
> hardik

I think you need work with squid a little more before you start hacking
it!

You should read the squid FAQ at http://www.squid-cache.org, and the
squid manual at http://www.squid-cache.org, or the (different)
documentation at http://squid-docs.sf.net, or yet another manual at
visolve.org (at might be visolve.com - can't remember).

They have full answers for all your how-to-use squid questions.

We'll be very happy to help guide on on actual development..

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.