Re: squid 3 1 bug left

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Feb 2003 21:25:37 +1100

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 21:22, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> ons 2003-02-05 klockan 09.48 skrev Robert Collins:
>
> > What about HttpConnect.cc? and httpConnect* ?
> > tunnel is ok too - we can always change later.
>
> As long as we settle for one.. prefer not to change later..

Agreed, however with refactoring, clarity comes before being nice to CVS
:}.

> > I will ask one thing though: That the file rename checkin + delete is
> > done in a separate transaction to the function renaming stuff.
>
> Was planning on taking the ugly path of simply rename the CVS file in
> place to preserve history if that is ok.. as we have not made any
> Squid-3 releases this should be ok I think.

better to copy the file, and cvs rm the old one. That way cvs -D still
works correctly.

> In CVS the only transaction is then function renaming, including a note
> that the file has been renamed.

Yep. However, I'm mirroring all squid-3 commits in arch, which
understands renames as renames.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.