Re: introduce myself to you

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:54:45 +0100

Hi and welcome to the Squid-dev mailinglist.

There is an existing related project which may be of interest:

  http://devel.squid-cache.org/projects.html#authinfo

But your goals seems slightly different from the description.

The first step would be to teach the LDAP helper to differentiate the
different cases you are interested in. Then, if logging the reason to
cache.log is not sufficient, extend the protocol used between Squid and
the auth helpers to pass this information back to Squid, and finally a
method of having it logged in access.log.

Logging to cache.log from the auth helpers is simply done by writing a
message to stderr.