Re: some profiling results:

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 20 Feb 2003 08:14:00 +1100

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 05:37, Andres Kroonmaa wrote:
> Robert,
>
> What are you after? prof shows garbage.

Ill consider testing done too late at night!

The problem I have is that I need to profile routines that reenter.

> Also note that things change dramatically
> when cpu becomes a bottleneck and there are thousands of FDs open.

Sure.

> I'd focus of profiling when cpu usage is at ~100%. Which shows me that
> most problems we have are in comm_poll and acls (my workload).
> To be gained - ~ 15-40%

Sounds like my acl cache concept is actually fairly key then. Care to
send me your acl + access rules offline (so I can validate that it's
general acl processing that needs improvement?

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.