Re: streams fopen

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:13:35 +0100

Indeed the case for certain crippled OS:es like Solaris 32 bit API.

Note: fdopen is also as useless on these OS:es for the same reasons..
8 bit field in the FILE structure for storing the filedescriptor..

Not sure I even want to think about spending time on supporting such
crippled OS:es, especially considering the OS vendors today have
alternative interfaces which is not crippled like this. For Solaris,
just compile applications 64bits and be done with it.