Re: clientBeginRequest()???

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Feb 2003 08:36:22 +1100

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 07:47, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> What is the purpose of clientBeginRequest() in client_side_request.cc?
>
> >From what I can tell this function is never used and looks like a
> partial duplicate of clientProcessRequest() in client_side.cc.
>
> clientBeginRequest() should probably be deleted.

It's used by ESI to start purely internal requests that need to go
through the client side logic.

> On this issue: Is there any clear plan on what should go into
> client_side.cc and what belongs in client_side_request.cc?

My mental sketch pad has:
connection specific code - http listenting, transfer encoding, range
support - client_side.cc
client_side_request.cc - request specific munging - redirectors, access
lists, everything up to the decision to get data from a server.
client_side_reply.cc - get data from the store and pass to the
clientStream.

Rob

--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.