Re: clientBeginRequest()???

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 21 Feb 2003 23:31:15 +0100

fre 2003-02-21 klockan 22.36 skrev Robert Collins:
> On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 07:47, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > What is the purpose of clientBeginRequest() in client_side_request.cc?

> It's used by ESI to start purely internal requests that need to go
> through the client side logic.

Ok.

The two look dangerously similar however.. probably a bit of both should
be separated into a common function.

Also in such case I think clientBeginRequest should be renamed to
clientBeginInternalRequest or something similar.

> My mental sketch pad has:
> connection specific code - http listenting, transfer encoding, range
> support - client_side.cc
> client_side_request.cc - request specific munging - redirectors, access
> lists, everything up to the decision to get data from a server.
> client_side_reply.cc - get data from the store and pass to the
> clientStream.

Ok. Makes sense. The _request thing is only slightly confusing as one
could thing that the request parsing from its name would be in
client_side_request, but actually is in client_side as it is more
related to the connection than how to handle the actual request..

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden