Re: Introduction / accelerator feature ideas

From: Flemming Frandsen <ff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 10:45:51 +0100

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> You also have the option of checking for client aborts, and quickly back
> out from the request when a aborted request is detected..

Well, that would be one way of doing it, but it would not be 100% safe
and when the request is running you might as well do the rest of the
work, so I'll go with the option of first detecting if the job I'm about
to do is already done and act intelligently if it is, this solution has
the added advantage of automagicly providing the needed locking at the
database level.

>>Hmm, how, where? I'd be more than happy to spend some RAM to get more
>>free apaches.
>
> Look for READ_AHEAD_GAP

ooh, thanks, default is 16KB it seems.

... off to read the rest of the developers manual before I start hacking
it up:)

--
  Regards Flemming Frandsen - http://dion.swamp.dk
  PartyTicket.Net co founder & Yet Another Perl Hacker