Re: Introduction / accelerator feature ideas

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 21:31:36 -0600

Flemming Frandsen wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 20 February 2003 22.53, Flemming Frandsen wrote:
>> reply-to is not set. This is intentional. Just remember to hit the
>> "reply to all" then responding to messages on the mailinglist and
>> everything is fine.
>

> Actually, you end up with a mail to both the poster and the list, which
> is a bit silly (IMHO) as the poster is subscribed to the list, hitting
> reply will only reply to the poster and annoy the crap out of the other
> readers that never get the answer to that interesting question that the
> poster had...

Let's avoid entering this particular flame war here on the dev list.
Some mail clients are smarter than others...If using a dumber one (I
myself use one that doesn't have a good means of responding to lists) we
just have to accept the slight inconvenience of either replying to both
list and sender, or taking the time to remove the original sender from
the To field. It is worth the trouble in order to avoid losing
information through reply-to munging.

For what it's worth, I know for a fact that none of the folks here will
be offended if you take the easy way out and Reply-to-all whenever
posting. We don't mind getting second copy every now and then.

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.