Re: need help about peer communication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 25 Feb 2003 16:13:40 +0100

tis 2003-02-25 klockan 16.49 skrev atit_ldce:
> what is the purpose of
> parent_exprep
> parent_timeout
> sibling_exprep
> sibling_timeout
> in neighbout.c neighborUdpPing function

exprep is a short for "expected replies".

timeout is how long to wait for the number of expected replies to be
fulfilled.

> when squid will send the request to origin server
> if possible give description in terms of functions called in sequence
>
> what is purpose of FwdServer structure _ps_state structure

It is a list of selected paths where the request may be forwarded,
sorted in priority order.

> what is purpose of following field in _ps_state struct
>
> int always_direct;
> int never_direct;
> int direct;

these was explained in my previous message to you, sent a few days ago.
See the top of peerSelectFoo() and the functions referenced from there
(the important functions is the functions referenced in arguments to

> struct sockaddr_in first_parent_miss;
> struct sockaddr_in closest_parent_miss;

these are used by ICP to record which parent responded first and which
parent indicated it was closest to the requested resource IIRC.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden