Re: Join to discuss NTLM Authentication

From: Kinkie <kinkie-dev@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 13:09:47 +0100

"Gary Price \(ICT\)" <gprice@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> Hi
> as described in the squid-users list, I have made a change that appears
> to make NTLM auth work. To my surprise in fact. I would like to figure
> out why this actually works. I was planning to go further and establish a
> guaranteed 1-1 connection between client and server connections, but it
> appears not to be necessary.

Could you please add more detail?
I'm in fact very puzzled, the network traces I obtained some time ago
clearly indicated that IE didn't even attempt authenticating if an an NTLM
challenge was issued and it thought it should go through a proxy.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: