mod_gzip, revisited

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 22:23:19 -0700

hiya,

I'm in a position where a few clients are complaining about the mod_gzip
Vary: ignore and I'd like to return valid replies to them.

I spoke to Robert on IRC about this a little. I thought about hacking up
the Vary: header wherever I discovered there was a mod_gzip reply w/ no
vary-information, but this might be a little tricky to get absoultely
right.

I'd be quite happy , for now, with a patch to simply not cache anything from
mod_gzip w/ no Vary information. What do others think?

Adrian