Re: Problem with origin server connections

From: David Nicklay <dnicklay@dont-contact.us>
Date: 11 Mar 2003 11:26:34 -0500

On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 11:07, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> tis 2003-03-11 klockan 16.40 skrev Andres Kroonmaa:
>
> > Not sure if this could be valid reason, but can it be that when squid
> > goes for origin check, url is put into "private" state, invalidating
> > local copy until origin reply allows it to become cached again. And if
> > origin reply never comes, all new requests for same url have to go to
> > origin?
>
> The StoreEntry is unmodified until a reply to the IMS is seen, but it is
> possible something goes wrong if a negative reply to the IMS query is
> seen.

The cases where we have had the most problems are when the NFS server is
not responding on the origin server but the origin server and listener
are still responding. I do not know what response the listener would
send in this event. I will see about trying to simulate this with some
test boxes at my desk.

--
David Nicklay
Location: CNN Center - SE0811A