Re: Content size headers changed by squid?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:57:47 +0100

Jason Hihn wrote:

> These files are only a few Kbytes in size, so it can't be a memory thing.
> From what I can tell, it looks like squid is changing the content-length
> header.

Squid does not change content-length headers, but it does enforce the
length if you have set one.

Some other proxies allow the response to be larger than what is
indicated by the content-length header.

When writing servers on WIN32 you need to be careful about reading files
in ascii or binary mode. When reading files in ascii mode the read
length may be different than the file length due to conversion of line
endings.