Re: about peerPingTimeOut()

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: 31 Mar 2003 18:48:09 +0200

mån 2003-03-31 klockan 11.10 skrev atit_ldce:

> and due to any reason i got peerPingTimeout so my flow goes to peerPingTimeout().. from where it goes to peerSelectFoo() again.
> ping status is PING_WAITING and flow goes from peerSelectFoo() to peerGetSomeNeighborReplies().
> peerGetSomeNeighborReplies() is using ICP reply for peer selection process..
> but as we not got ICP reply , is it still necessary for calling
> peerGetSomeNeighborReplies()...? if so then what is reason behind it?

We may have got some but not all ICP replies we were waiting for.
Consider that there may be more than one peer, lets say 5 for the sake
of discussion. If none of the peers reports a ICP_HIT then Squid expects
at least to receive ICP_MISS replies from them all. If one peer does not
respond within the timeout peerPingTimeout will be called, and there
will be 4 out of 5 ICP replies received.

peerGetSomeNeighborReplies() tries to make the best of the situation it
has.

--
Henrik Nordstrom <hno@squid-cache.org>
MARA Systems AB, Sweden