Re: squid3 PRE1 ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:57:57 +0200

On Sunday 20 April 2003 00.13, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-04-20 at 08:06, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > On Saturday 19 April 2003 14.17, Robert Collins wrote:
> > > Anyone got any changes pending for squid-3?
> >
> > SSL is missing certificate revocation list support. Not yet
> > implemented, but OpenSSL now seem to have some built-in CRL
> > processing support which should make life a lot easier.
>
> Do you have a time frame? Or can we slate this for 3.1?

Sorry, no timeframe at this time.

The customer on client certificate support bailed out (I think they
realised that managing client certificates requires a great deal of
administrative effort, and put the certificate part of their project
on hold), so these things which are mostly interesting for production
use of certificates never got implemented.

It is OK to slate CRL processing for post-3.0, but needs to be
mentioned in the release notes if it is. It probably won't get done
until someone wants to use Squid with client certificates in
production use and finds they need CRL support..