Re: squid3 PRE1 ?

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 07:17:22 +1000

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 20:28, michele.de-martin@electrolux.it wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> Can I ask if it is possible to apply the following path to
> "src/auth/ntlm/auth_ntlm.c"?
> It is useful for doing multi not trusted domain authentication I am working
> on.

Well, it's surely not sufficient, because you'll have a different
challenge in squid for each domain, and there is no logic to handle
this. Also, as the challenge is sent before you know the users domain,
there is no way to pick and choose in advance.

I'll apply this as part of a series of patches - once the way you have
solved the above challenges becomes clear. For now, it's not obvious
that this is the right way, and there are plenty of reasons to think
it's not.

So, no, I won't apply this for squid-3.0. I am interested in seeing what
you come up with however.

Cheers,
Rob

--