squid problem

From: atit_ldce <atit_ldce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:41:27 +0530 (GMT+05:30)

Hello squid developer,
I had made some development in squid specially passing client ip address as my project of final semester be computer.
i have to show demostration at college and to satisfy my college requirement i want to change name of squid to transcache..

[generally people ask to justify what u had done with this available source code. they don;t show how it is difficult to handle such big product named squid]

to achieve this i modified Makefile in /src folder..

i got succeess...
but i faced following problems

1)
if i do ps -ef | grep transcace i have
only parent process information and child process information is avilable with ps -ef | grep squid..

i had changed binary name to transcache. but why in ps -ef it is showing squid..
my cache_effective_user and group is nobody...

2)
unlinkd is not started.....
cache.log says

3)
i had cached at location
 /etc/squid
 /usr/lib/squid
 /var/log/squid
 /var/spool/squid
 squid binary
 is there any else location remaining to consider

4)
cache.log says

storeKeyPrivate: GET http://cache-engine:3128/squid-internal-static/icons/anthony-dirup.gif

is it possible to change above url as follow:

storeKeyPrivate: GET http://cache-engine:3128/transcache-internal-static/icons/anthony-dirup.gif

is so how?

hope for helpful hands from ur side.
waiting for reply
-------atit

Get your internet connection from the fastest growing digital network.
ICENET
visit our site www.icenet.net